Beijing, China, July 22, 2015
Gao Feng’s Managing Director and Auto Practice leader Bill Russo will join a panel discussion titled Opportunities and Challenges of the China Auto Industry at 11:10am, and after this will deliver a keynote speech titled “China’s Automotive Industry in Transition: Is the Golden Age Over?” at 12:00 noon.
Topic: China’s Automotive Industry in Transition: Is the Golden Age Over?
Following a decade of rapid growth that culminated in a stimulus-driven surge in demand in 2009-2010, the China auto market sharply decelerated, with growth slipping to 2.5% in 2011 and 4.3% in 2012. This brief slowdown was followed by 14% growth in 2013 and 7% growth in 2014, with overall sales exceeding 23 million units. While the market growth has been spectacular, there are rising concerns on the sustainability of this performance as the market may be approaching a saturation point in the traditionally strong coastal regions. Intense competition among automakers as they pursue emerging growth opportunities in specific regions and segments is anticipated. Mr. Russo will address opportunities and challenges faced by different competitors as they deal with this a transitional period in the world’s largest automotive market.
- Opportunities and challenges in luxury and imported vehicles market.
- Opportunities and challenges in emerging provinces and cities, as well as in second and third tier cities
- Sales and marketing strategies to exploit these opportunities
- Strategies to diversify profit streams and maximize profit opportunities
- Structural changes that may occur as the market transitions to a slower growth pattern